Contact Us Today!
We are with you from the beginning of the home buying process to the closing. And, it doesn't stop there - we are your local friends and resource for years to come.
The necessary steps in the home buying process:
When you start to look for a property
- Meet with a mortgage lender and get pre-qualified and better yet, pre-approved for a mortgage
- Review and sign Buyer Broker Agreement with US (Urban Specialists)
- Find the home you're looking to make home or investment property
Making an Offer
- Have your pre-qualification/pre-approval letter ready
- Review the property disclosure, lead paint disclosure etc.
- Make sure you have enough cash in your checking account to cover the initial and second earnest money deposit
- G. Interview attorneys
- H. Interview inspectors
- Once your offer is accepted
- Provide the second deposit check
- Secure an attorney
- Secure a home inspector and schedule inspection
- Start your mortgage application (you usually will have 30 days to complete it)
- If purchasing a condominium, review the Condo Resale Documents
- Watch the dales - we will guide you through the process but be aware of your deadlines
- After the inspection takes place, review the report. Consult with US about the report and the response to it.
About 3 weeks before closing
- Shop for home insurance. Your mortgage lender and attorney will need the information on insurance as well.
About 5-7 Days before closing
About 1-2 Days before closing
- Find out from your attorney how much money you will need to bring to the closing
- Ask your attorney where and what time the closing is scheduled
- Do the final "walk through" inspection of the property you are purchasing (usually done right before the closing)
- Bring your new house insurance policy
- NEW HOMEOWNER!!!
Contact us to find out how we can help you buy a house and find your home in Greater New Haven!